Tuesday, May 25, 2010
1. Don't talk. The seniors are taking their exams.
2. Check edline to see what you are missing. If you are missing something, complete it.
3. Make sure that all of your work is posted to your blog. You will present your entire blog (as a portfoilio of your coursework) during the last week of school.
4. Finally- as a classwork grade for today, view the photos under The Big Picture. There are many photos under each section- make sure to browse several sections. Choose 3 of your favorite photos to pair with the lyrics of 3 songs. List and explain the pairings as a blog comment here.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Complete the following tasks/answer the following questions. Use your critical thinking skills to determine the best routes and resources.
1. Truman Capote said "Everything she wrote about it is absolutely true". What is the "it"?
2. What does Lee think of the film adaptation of Mockingbird? Use a quote in your answer.
3. Finish Lee's statement: "Now, 75 years later in an abundant society where people have laptops, cell phones, iPods and minds like empty rooms, I still..."
4. Identify Lee's 3 favorite authors and name a title from each.
5. Lee is a recluse but for several years she has quietly attended the awards ceremony for a particular contest. Describe this contest.
6. How are the Scottsboro Trials relevant to the novel?
7. Though Lee always declines interviews, she does write each refusal individually. When asked why she did not simply send out a stock response to the media's pleas, she responded that such a letter would simply say...
8. Click here. Listen to the audio. Who was the statewide essay winner? Who potrayed Scout in a school play and developed a repoire with Lee?
9. List and quote 5 parallels between Harper Lee's real life and her novel.
10. Lee's character Dill is based upon Truman Capote. Capote returned the favor by basing what character (from what story) on Lee?