Thursday, May 28, 2009
Visit the artist sites and respond to the questions below by June 5.
1. Read the “About” and “Process” sections of the site. Describe the artist’s philosophy and process in a well-developed paragraph.
1. Explore his work and comment on his: subject matter; media; style.
1. Click here to link to a short video on this child prodigy. What do you think?
1.View all (40 or so) of his paintings.
2. If you are a fan of his work, check out this video.
EXTRA CREDIT QUIZ GRADE
TOOL is one of my favorite bands. Their videos are amazing. As a result of their tendency to create rather long compositions and/or concern themselves with bizzare subject matter, these videos are rarely seen via mainstream media. Two of the artists you have researched above collaborated with TOOL on a video for their songs "Parabol/Parabola"(click here). Strange, huh? Click here for the "Schism" video. See if you can identify the correct artists and their contributions to the video.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Click here to visit Stephen Wiltshire's website. Mr. Wiltshire is an artistic savant who is capable of reproducing incredibly detailed landscapes from memory.
1. On the left, click on "My Videos". Watch at least four of the videos and offer a commentary for each.
2. Visit his "Gallery" and browse through his work. Identify his most impressive drawing and his most impressive painting; offer explanation for each.