Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Friday, May 24, 2013
Part 1: By the end of the lab session, produce a response (as a comment here) that includes a discussion of the various art and artists whose work you peruse today (the 3 linked below).
Check out Julian Beever and Kurt Wenner, two artists whose choice of media includes sidewalk chalk.
It would be difficult to find a more impressive modern sculptor than Kris Kuksi. Click here.
Part 2: Virtual Scavenger Hunt: Find the answers to at least 5 of the following questions. Any additional responses will receive additional credit.
1. How many windows are in Andrew Wyeth's "Master Bedroom"? What medium does Wyeth use?
2. Identify the figure depicted in a boat in Michelangelo's "Last Judgement".
3. What pachyderm is distorted in the background of Salvador Dali's "One Second Before Awakening from a Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegranate"?
4. What time is it in Vincent van Gogh's "Night Cafe"?
5. Monet and Manet are both Impressionists and have similarities beyond their names. Compare and contrast these two artists.
6.. Who is Camille Claudel? Examine her "L'Age Mur" and identify the 3 figures depicted.
7. Identify the works stolen during the infamous Gardner Museum heist. Identify and describe your favorite piece.
8. Summarize the "legend" behind the man with the top hat in Eugene Delacroix's most famous painting.
9. What is David Mach's "Gorilla" made of?
10. Describe your favorite Ron Mueck sculpture.
11. Paul Rahilly is one of my former professors. a) What breed of dog is depicted in his "Girl in a Paper Dress"? b) In which of his paintings does one find a chili pepper? c) a brioche?
Thursday, May 9, 2013
What’s a dinner without dessert, right?
Please complete the following tasks before the end of the period via a post here.
1.View the Final Exam Project on Edline.
2. Please post an exam and course reflection here. Please take some time to think about this. This is not an opportunity to berate your teacher, nor is it an attempt on his part to fish for compliments. Please discuss course experiences that prepared you well and tasks that you felt/feel ill-equipped for. I will take a close look at this and use your feedback to strengthen my instruction.
3. In preparation for the third portion of your Final, select one of the studies posted to Edline (Howley, Hodson, Bellis, or Stephens). Read it and develop a review of: research questions/hypotheses; methodology and data; conclusions and findings; implications and suggestions for future research.