Please take the time to consider and respond to the following reflective questions.
1. English-wise, what has been the most beneficial, constructive assignment, process or text of the year? Explain.
2. English-wise, what has been the least beneficial, assignment, process or text of the year? Explain.
3. As an Honors student, do you feel the level of rigor in this course has met your expectations? Compare and/or contrast the rigor with your experiences in other classes (Level One, Honors, AP, etc.).
4. After viewing the note-taking revisions, identify at least one modification or addition that you see as imperative and justify your selection.
5. If you could preserve one text from the English I-IV curriculum for the next decade, which would you select? Why?
6. This year, most of our time was spent analyzing and evaluating pieces of literature; far less time was spent on vocabulary and grammar; do you feel this ratio is appropriate at your level, or should the ratio be adjusted? Explain.
7. For college-bound students: describe the level of confidence with which you will approach “English 101” and the skills you feel you will employ to succeed at the college level.