2. Children and most dogs love snow. Children and dogs make better company and are more fun than most adults.
3. It is socially acceptable- perhaps even encouraged- to overeat and loaf around like a pre-hibernation Grizzly.
4. People's true colors emerge. The holidays (ironically) cause stress and some New Englanders still haven't figured out how to cope with winter weather. Ever try to go grocery shopping the day before a storm? There's a strange sense of urgency. The parking lots are reminiscent of Thunderdome. Despite these strange realities, it is useful to observe how people handle, or fail to handle, stress.
5. Christmas music reminds us of how good non-Christmas music really is.
6. Classic holiday movies remind us of how bad many new films actually are.
7. Snow is but one of Mother Nature's ways of reminding us who's boss.
8. 4-Wheel-Drive vehicles are both utilitarian and fun.
9. Icicles rule (see photo).
10. If you don't like it, remember that it only lasts a few months.