|Mr. Kefor's Virus|
1. Yesterday we discussed tone. Pinpoint the tone of each song (the 2 from yesterday) with one word.
2. Identify 3 devices that serve to support the style of tone you have identified for "Rock and Roll Band". For each device, cite at least 3 quotes that represent it.
3. Identify 3 devices that serve to support the style of tone you have identified for "Have a Cigar". For each device, cite at least 3 quotes that represent it.
4. The "cigar" appears in both songs. Is the cigar functioning as a symbol or a motif? Revisit the definitions, make a decision and defend your designation.
5. Click here to visit the Poetry Foundation. Browse the poems and find one that you like. Examine the tone of the poem and the devices used to achieve it. Construct a thesis statement that includes these 3 devices and a recognition of tone (as the introductory phrase).
6. If you have extra time on your hands, "congratulations for being so efficient" or "shame on you for your haphazard approach". Seriously- be sure that your blog contains all of your recent work- we will be sharing our writing and music soon after term 3 concludes.