1. Monet and Manet are both Impressionists and have similarities beyond their names. Compare and contrast these two artists.
2. Who is Camille Claudel? Examine her "L'Age Mur" and identify the 3 figures depicted.
3. Identify the works stolen during the infamous Gardner Museum heist. Identify and describe your favorite piece.
4. Summarize the "legend" behind the man with the top hat in Eugene Delacroix's most famous painting.
5. What is David Mach's "Gorilla" made of?
6. Describe your favorite Ron Mueck sculpture.
7. Paul Rahilly is one of my former professors. a) What breed of dog is depicted in his "Girl in a Paper Dress"? b) In which of his paintings does one find a chili pepper? c) a brioche?
8. What colors are used in my "concert bill sketch"?
9. Ryan Smith is an amazing artist and a good friend of mine (he attended Norton High). a) Describe the subject matter in his 2006 piece "Taxidermy Tammy". b) What "sport" is parodied in his version of "Pig Pile"?
Now it's time to play 6 degrees of Wikipedia. Your responses should look like numbered lists beginning with the first item and ending with the last item.
1. Vincent van Gogh=vampire
2. Francisco Goya=cartilage
3. Lucian Freud=Tool (the band)
4. Mark Rothko=serpent
5. Diego Rivera=Roger Williams